Advancing Windows Security
Windows is the operating system and application platform that powers hundreds of millions of customers, enterprises, and core infrastructure globally. In order to remain resilient in a constantly evolving threat landscape, the OS security engineering team at Microsoft has built a strategy to address new and challenging attacks. This talk will walk attendees through Windows current and future security strategy and the engineering challenges with scaling across new devices, form factors, and threat models from client to the intelligent edge and cloud.
- Microsoft and partners design new device security requirements to protect against targeted firmware attacks (2019)
- Windows Sandbox (2018)
- Building Zero Trust networks with Microsoft 365 (2018)
- Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation (2018)
- SMM page isolation attestation during DRTM (2019)
- Ionescu & Weston, Inside the Octagon: Analyzing System Guard Runtime Attestation (2018)